Pages

Saturday, July 3, 2010

Day 8

I intended for today to be a lazy day, and it certainly was! I had forgotten to tell Adrian last night that I wouldn't be at breakfast t his morning, so I dragged my butt out of bed a little before 9am and then went to eat...then returned to bed from 9:30-1:30! And I've been in my room ever since. I'm the only one here, and I didn't want to to eat my meals alone. So today has been a day of much reading, blogging, video-uploading, chatting, cookie-eating and True Blood-watching.

Honestly, though, I feel kinda' uncomfortable here by myself. I think it's mostly because of what Anna (roommate) told me the other night...There were/are some guys stayi8ng at the hotel, except Thursday night (I think?) they were staying someplace out back because there were no rooms open? Anyway, they were apparently burning the stray dogs with cigarettes, and that made me absolutely sick. I'm pretty sure they've moved into the hotel, and that just makes me very uncomfortable. But then, everyone here today is a stranger to me, and it might not be any different if there weren't any dog abusers here.

The cleaning lady smiled at me when she saw me at breakfast this morning, and when I returned to my room, I had a new roll of TP in the bathroom. Score! haha It's the little things in life...like scratchy pink TP.

I'm not sure about this room, by the way. The air conditioner works, and that's great. The bed is bigger, and that's great. There's a refrigerator, and that's fantastic, even though everything that we were keeping in there was cleaned out before I moved in (that's NOT great). But I've already seen more bugs in this room, just today, than I've seen all week in the other room. This includes a multi-legged creepy crawly thing that I killed in the bathroom and a ginormous spider that is currently sitting on the floor under my shoe because I haven't thrown it away yet (really, I just don't want to see it again. Gross!)

So that's my update for today. Genie and Shirley have probably made it back from Iasi by now (I hope so!), and Genie and I plan to go to the clinic tomorrow, at least for a little while. I found out this week, though, that students come to volunteer and help out on the weekends. If they are there tomorrow, and there are enough of them to go around, then I'll probably just hang out with my buddy Raul.

No comments:

Post a Comment