Pages

Monday, March 22, 2010

Back to Romania!!!

Yes, that's right, I'll be heading back to Romania this summer. I plan to be there for two teams, June 26th through August 7th. I plan to tie this trip into a directed study for school, through which I will examine the mutual benefits of voluntourism, what motivates people to volunteer (especially internationally), and the connection that develops between volunteers and the children at the Tutova clinic.

My fundraising page is now up and running! Go here to donate securely, via credit card.*

If you don't want to go through that page, feel free to send a PayPal donation to axm9237@gmail.com! If you send it as a personal "gift," and the money comes from a connected bank account rather than a credit card, I believe the fees will be waived, but I'm not entirely sure. (Any donations I receive through PayPal will be applied to my fundraising page as soon as it's up.)

If you prefer to do money-related things offline, comment with your email address and I'll send you an address for mailing a check or money order. (Same with checks/MOs, I'll put the money into my fundraising page.)

*Remember, donations made via my fundraising page are 50% tax deductible!

Update May 11, 2020: I'm up to $606 on my fundraising page, plus I've been awarded a scholarship from Global Volunteers and grants from the Student Executive Council and the Graduate and Professional Student Assembly at my university. I still need about $2,600--give or take, depending on airfare costs.

No comments:

Post a Comment